My Boys Tech Club - November 2016
This month in My Boys Tech Club my nine-year-old wants to tell you why he loves playing the TEMPLE RUN 2 game, on his Amazon Fire Tablet, with his top 5 facts.
1. Temple Run 2 is an endless running game that takes place in a temple floating in the clouds instead of a thick swamp in the jungle. The aim of the game is to collect coins to buy or upgrade power-ups and select new characters. You start in a temple with two free characters – Scarlet Fox and Guy Dangerous. To play, you run through different levels by swiping down, up, sideways and tilting the tablet to move the characters in different directions.
2. You start in a level called Blazing Sands, a desert where you have to follow the track without getting caught in traps, such as rivers, broken bridges, rocks, landslides and giant mousetraps. On the way, you need to collect chests, power-ups, gems and coins. Blazing Sands only lasts for a limited time or until you have collected 500 gems – you can buy these through In-App purchase (we don’t) or collect them on runs. It’s easy to collect coins and power-ups but a lot harder to collect gems and chests
3. Once Blazing Sands in no longer accessible you have to play in Sky Summit. Here you run through the sky on paths held up by floating rocks. While collecting more coins, power-ups, gems and chests you need to avoid falling rocks, fallen trees, holes in the path, low bridges and walls blocking your route. You can then buy entry into other lands such as Cold Land with 500 gems. Cold Land has a wintery feel, covered in snow and ice with frozen rocks. Or play challenges to gain entry.
4. You can be caught by a demon monkey. If you touch some the orange/red tiles sticking up from the floor it will release a monster that is following you into the bottom of the screen for two minutes. If you touch another tile or trap in this time, then you lose a life. You can then use a gem to restart in the same place by spinning a wheel to gain a power-up, gem, or coins.
5. This is a fast paced game that needs quick reactions. I really like that throughout the year different themes appear such as Halloween and Winter. Halloween turns Sky Summit into Spooky Summit – special costumes for the characters make them become Halloween monsters such as Scarlet Bat and Franken Guy and the area gets a Halloween theme. Winter turns Cold Land into Frozen Shadows – the monster is a yeti and these can jump down on to you.
Boys Club Rating: 4.5 out of 5
What games would you like My Boys to review?
Have you liked our Facebook Page?